Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Hi again! I forgot to mention how lucky I was to win not one, but two prizes! One was from the fantastic Kerry Bunting, who sent me a sample pack of the new in colours!!!! The new in colours don't disappoint and I especially love Rinding Hood Read, which goes well with Garden Green (hello Xmas cards!), as well as Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango.

Another prize that I won was from the oh-so-talented
Michelle Habib, who gave me a free pass to the UStamp '09 Spring session!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Anyhoo, on to cards. I also forgot to post two other cards that I made over the past 2 weekends. One was for a friend who has since left to do part of her PhD in Denmark for 3 months.






I folded a piece of A4 cardstock in half (non-SU!) to make the card big enough for everyone in the lab to sign. I used Versamark on the sanded background and stamped that twice (never done such a big card before!) and then applied Versamark and white embossing powder, which I then heated. I looooove bling, so I had to use the two-way glue pen to add dazzling diamonds to the embossed part of the card, although you can't quite see the dazzle in the second photo. I scraped the edges of the card over my black ink pad, just to make it more interesting.

This second card was made for a friend's birthday, using Wild Wasabi cardstock. I'll be so sad to see this colour go in April!!






I wanted to make it a really simple card, so all I did was use Versamark and the Flitting By Wheel and white embossing powder. And of course, the all important glitter! I don't know what I'd do without it. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment