Thursday, March 12, 2009

Colour challenge!

Just a super quick post tonight! I thought I had until Friday to put up my card for the latest challenge by oh-so-fabulous Keesh, but it ends at midnight! Oops. Luckily I checked. Anyhoo....the challenge colours were:



And this is my offering. I feel I must apologize, as the lighting is horrible.



I reeeeally don't know about this card. It started off with me playing with a stencil set I bought at the craft fair in November. I decided to try sponging/blending colours for the wings, and then thought I could use the challenge blues. Ended up using Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise and Blue Bayou, which blend quite nicely. Making the dragonfly and adding bling was the easy part, cos after that I didn't know what to do! 2.5 hours, much paper and lots of frustration later, I gave up and layered stamped Blue Bayou on Whisper White and then on Real Red. The saying and the flowers are from the Stem Silhouettes set (retired) and the way the Soft Sky cardstock was cut was pure fluke. I had a scrap of cardstock that could only fit the saying when stamped diagonally across, and when I cut it out the ends turned out like so. It kinda reminds me of butterfly/dragonfly wings. :) I could've jazzed it up, but I'm too tired and my brain feels mushy.
All in all, the card isn't too bad, but I know it could be better. If anyone has any ideas/tips/constructive criticism for me, it would be very much appreciated!!

Now I'm off to recover from a killer gym class. I'm sooooo going to pay tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment