Monday, February 9, 2009

My first challenge entry!

I looooooove weekends. It's the time I can sit down and create stuff. I decided to try my hand at Makeesha's latest colour challenge, but I found myself struggling a bit.

I only had Sage Shadow cardstock, a Regal Rose inkpad and a Rose Red marker. And this is the result.




I brayered Whisper White CS with Regal Rose ink, and you can see the little line where my brayer "ran out of ink". I versamark-ed the branches on Sage Shadow CS and coloured the flower and sentiment stamps with my Rose Red marker. I wasn't sure about the colour combo, but I don't think it turned out so badly after all. Thank goodness for the Barely Banana CS, as I was struggling with a colour to use.


With a birthday coming up, I had to get my butt into gear and make a card. However, it's for a guy *cue dramatic music*. Yep, this one was a challenge. My first difficulty was deciding which stamp set to use, as I seem to have a lot of flowers! Thank goodness for Baroque Motifs. Couldn't decide between River Rock and Sahara Sand, so I tried my hand at both. I used versamark first, and then stamped with white to get the "shadow" thing going. I used a ruler to try and align the stamp, which turned out amazingly well for the Sahara Sand card. It looks like I planned to do it almost on top of each other. I originally wanted to place olive ribbon vertically on the right hand side and stick the square element on it, but it didn't work, so I added the Whisper White and stuck it straight onto the card. They both seem a bit boring to me. I'll have to borrow the Sincere Salutations set and use the "Birthay Wishes" stamp on the bottom left in. Hopefully Giuseppe (my honours supervisor 2 years ago) will like this. I haven't decided which one to give him, though. Maybe the Sahara Sand card....

Sahara Sand

River Rock

Better get to work! TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment