Thursday, February 5, 2009

ARGH!

I was in the middle of typing a post when I lost the entire thing. GAH! *grumpy* Let's see if I can remember what I wrote......
These two cards were made with Purely Pomegranate CS and the branch stamped image was layered with Cameo Coral (left) and Groovy Guava (right). I used the Coral CS first and wasn't happy with the result, so I tried Guava instead. Still not happy! I think I'll try Regal Rose next, when I eventually get some. The branch image was stamped on Whisper White and coloured with a pomegranate ink pad and an aqua brush. I stamped the sentiment using the So Many Sayings hostess set in white and pomegranate, and amazingly, I managed to stamp it straight (which you can barely see) for the second card! I really must invest in a stamp-a-ma-jig.



I made the next card on a whim, using bright colours. I think I'll have to try again and add a layer of CS under all 4 flowers because it lacks something, to me. The CS isn't from Stampin' Up! and the colours used for the flowers are Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun and Wild Wasabi. The sentiment is also from So Many Sayings (love this set) and stamped in black.


I was thrilled to bits upon receiving a card in the mail on Monday. Snail mail is underrated, I tell you! The fabulous Makeesha sent me this card made with three colours that I love (Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky) and using the Ocean Commotion stamp set, which I've been eyeing for a while. It's soooooooo pretty! Thanks, Makeesha!


As an aside, can I say how awesome Quelches are? For those who haven't come across this, Quelch is made by a fruit juice company (Berri) and consists of sachets of fruit juice (and other stuff, I'm sure) that you place in the freezer and eat as ice blocks. They're heaven in this disgusting 39-45 degree weather (102-114 for anyone playing in fahrenheit) we've been having. A colleague brought a whole bag in to share. Sheer genius!

I had another 2 cards to add on, but they can wait for another day. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment