Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First post!

Hello world! I've decided to start my own blog to participate in challenges and upload photos of my handmade papercraft projects. My best friend had a Stampin' Up! party in November, and I’ve been hooked ever since!! I've always loved papercraft, but after seeing Stampin' Up!'s range of products, I was completely blown away. Now I have a wishlist as long as my arm and am constantly lamenting the fact that there is so much that I simply must have. Ah well, slowly slowly. :)

Anyway, without further ado, this is the first card I made earlier this year. I didn’t have a lot of stuff at my disposal, so I kept it simple. You can't really see it, but the pink paper is shimmery, while the Japanese chiyogami paper has gold highlights. The pink and white flowers were made using two sizes of the same punch, and then layering the smaller punchout (white) onto the larger one (shimmery pink). The darker pink flowers were inked on using a sponge dauber and the paper I punched the small flower from (reverse masking). It's very pink, which is funny, as I'm not really a pink person. Still, it's what I had on hand at the time.



This other card was inspired (or should I say, inkspired?) by the wonderful Makeesha Byl. Visit her website and gaze in awe upon her creative genius! I was looking at one of her creations when this popped into my head. It didn’t turn out how I thought it would, but am quite happy with it overall.


I haven’t taken photos of the other cards I’ve made, but I’ll do that soon-ish and put them up. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment