Saturday, September 10, 2011

Slacker

Has it really been 4 months since I last posted anything? Really??? Talk about slack! I apologise profusely, but my muse has been away and shows no signs of coming back. See exhibit A below...


I made this card for a friend's birthday, and I was very desperate (I don't create well under pressure) and short on time. I cringe whenever I look at this photo, especially considering the ginormous mistake I made which meant the card had to be flipped around and opens left to right. My cards at the moment are very hit or miss. Sorry for the crummy card, Zhi, I'll make it up to you!

Now onto exhibit B below, an A5 card made in desperation using my Cricut. Again, I cringe. Enough said.


Still, there is a glimmer of hope in a card I made when a friend gave birth to a wee baby girl (hello Annabel!).


I also bought some new goodies from my fave store, PTI. I especially like their Wonderful Words dies and matching stamp set, which I used on a birthday card.


Soooo.........I needed a belated birthday card for my awesome personal trainer whose birthday was last week but I didn't know about. With the absence of any creativity, I fell to CASEing a card by Maile Belles, changing the colours a wee bit. I kinda like it. The peach colour makes it so fresh and bright. And the satin ribbon is just beautiful stuff.


And another birthday card, this time for a super awesome gym instructor who is always fabulous and full of pep. Her classes are the best! It's another CASE, and the original is by Gina K. I loooooooooooove this PTI set!


A close up of the glitter on the flowers, courtesy of a clear Spica pen.


Well, that's all for the moment. Hopefully I'll get back into the rhythm of card making again. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment