Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dusty

Helloooooo there! My, look at the thick film of dust on this blog. :) Apologies for not blogging sooner, but I haven't been making very much lately and things have been busy around here. I thought I'd finally update the blog and put up photos of some things I made last month.


This is a card I CASEd from the fabulous Susan Raihala. I can't find the link to her original post, but she used a different flower from the Echoes of Kindness set in Bashful Blue instead of Saffron. The photo is a wee bit blurry, but the sentiment is embossed with black EP.


My contract with my previous employer expired, and my last day was on the 29th of Jan. I've been very privileged to work with some awesome people, particularly those with whom I shared an office with (poor them!). I used Tim Holtz charm fragments and alcohol inks to make pendants and earrings for the girls, and a key chain for the guy. The flowers and ladybirds were stamped with Versamark and embossed with black EP. I found out the hard way that you shouldn't attempt to emboss too many at a time, for I melted one poor charm fragment. Unfortunately for me, it was one of a pair of earrings. Drat!

On another note, I've been trying to find a way to store sponge daubers without having them float around and getting ink on everything. I found this plastic container at a Big W store (like Wal Mart, for those of you in the States) and it fits PERFECTLY, with 30 going into an entire box. YEAH! I'm absolutely ecstatic! It's the little things that count. ^_^



I'm hoping to get back into the creative swing of things soon, so stay tuned for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment