Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm back!

Greetings and salutations!! I'm back after a looooong while away. I had difficulty getting back into the swing of things after my 3-week holiday plus we're quite busy at work. However, I had a craft day with my best buddy (hi Beck!) and I think I'm getting back into challenges and regular posts!
I made a card about 3 weeks ago for a friend who left us to work in another lab that uses flies and dragonflies (hi Melissa!), hence the term "flying" away. I had to use an A4 sheet to make it, so that the whole lab could write messages in it.


Stamp sets: Border builders (retired), KI Memories Formal Lowercase set.
Cardstock/paper: Whisper White, DCWV textured Brights cardstock.
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Basic Black, Basic Black marker.
Other: Making Memories Mini Shimmer Alpha stickers, Stencil Station dragonfly stencil.


It was a really easy card to make, except I hadn't made anything in a while (4 weeks, to be precise) and I seemed to be a bit rusty. The dragonfly's wings have a dusting of glitter on them, which you can just see from the photo.

Fast forward two weeks, and I made a card for Melissa's birthday. Seeing as she's just left a lab that uses sheep, I had to use the wee sheepie from the "Pun Fun" stamp set. I don't own the set and I don't know anyone in Adelaide who does, so I SOS-ed the ever helpful Keesh who stamped a few for me and posted them over. Thanks heaps, Keesh!


Stamp sets: Pun Fun, Rough Edges Alphabet, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired).
Cardstock/paper: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, watercolour paper, Washington Apple DSP.
Ink: Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Blush Blossom marker.
Other: Aquapainter, scallop edge punch, distressing tool, white grosgrain ribbon (non-SU!).


Sheepie wasn't too difficult to watercolour, seeing as most sheep tend to be white-ish. I lightly went over the body with a bit of Sahara sand in an attempt to make it look less bright. However, I think I only made it look dirty. :D

Anyhoo, that's it from me for now. I still have a challenge entry and another card to post, but I must be off to change before going out for dinner. Will try and post after I get back. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment