Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hurrah for holidays!

Hi! Apologies for the lack of posts lately, but I'm currently overseas on a short holiday! I was so busy trying to get stuff done and get things organized before I left, that I didn't have time to make anything, so I'll just put up some photos of cards I made a while ago but didn't upload onto my blog.
Stamp set(s): Stem silhouettes (retired), Sincere salutations, Just Vine jumbo wheel.
Cardstock/papers: River Rock, Old Olive, Whisper White.
Ink: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Basic Black, Versamark.
Other: Cream satin ribbon (non-SU!).

This first card was really easy to make and I borrowed the vine jumbo roller from a friend. It's a card that can be given to a guy, which is great cos I don't have many masculine cards and I find them difficult to make.



Stamp set(s): Spring solitude bundle (stamp set + wheel, retired), Sanded (background).
Cardstock/ papers: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White.
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Blue Bayou, Rose Red, Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Perfect Plum, Old Olive marker, Chocolate Chip marker, Versamark.
Other: White grosgrain ribbon (non-SU!).

I tried making a set of cards for my Aunt's birthday last month, using the Spring Solitude bundle from the previous catalogue. I kinda ran out of time (and mojo!) to finish making them, so I stuck to two basic designs, only altering the colours. I hope she liked it, but even if she didn't I figure at least they're practical! :D
The weather here is absolutely awful! It's hot and very humid (~65% humidity!), which makes you feel sticky and uncomfortable........all you feel like doing half the time is standing in the shower! Still, I've been having a blast for the past 3 days and I still have ~2 and a half weeks to go! I can forsee that I'll probably need a holiday to recover from this holdiay, what with all the running around we've been doing. I'll probably not be updating the blog until I get back to Adelaide, but I'm sure I'll have plenty to post about when I get back. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment