Saturday, November 7, 2009

Black sheep

Octber was a hectic month for us at work, with several cohorts of animals running at once. How glad I am to have that month over and done with! For those of you who don't know, I work as a research assistant with a lab that uses sheep as the primary animal model to investigate the early origins of adult health. One of my colleagues is hosting a party this weekend to celebrate the completion of a part of her project, and she's gone with a sheep theme. The title of the party is "Thank ewe for the music" and there is to be a cake in the shape of a sheep along with a screening of the movie "Black Sheep" which is about zombie sheep. Sooooo, I decided to go along with the theme and a sheep-themed card for my friend!

And on the inside of the card:


I couldn't resist a little pun on the inside of the card. :) I can't for the life of me remember where I saw the little sheep made from punchies, but if anyone knows, please leave a comment so I can give credit where credit is due. I love the eyes on the sheep, especially when they're placed flat on the table and look cross-eyed.

And it makes me giggle every time. :D Anyway, it's almost dinner time, so I'd best be off. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

2 comments: