Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hi, my name is Pam, and I'm an addict...

Yes, I admit that I have a problem. Please observe exhibit A:

The latest additions to my collection arrived yesterday, and I'm obsessed with the Mimosa collection from SEI. Only 2 items out of the lot were non-Mimosa items, and they are the Kaiser file set and 2 sheets of Basic Grey Patchwork Quilt paper. And I have another confession. See those two boxes at the bottom right of the photo? They're die cut shimmer accents and glittered chipboard accents that match the Mimosa papers.....and I bought two of each. The online store was having a sale on certain items and you get 20% off your first order. So I kinda went nuts.

Anyway, enough about my buying frenzy. I didn't have much time to make anything this weekend, but I did manage to make two cards. This first one seemed like a good idea at the time, but didn't turn out how I envisaged it.

The sentiment was stamped and I then used a black pen to draw the box around it. I really don't like the join from the word to the outline, though. It just looks wrong to me. Quite disappointing really, this card. But no matter, on to the next one.

I've always wanted to play with pink and grey, so I used Stampin' Up! Basic Grey and pasted a square of Ginger Blossom paper on it. I wasn't going to tie the ribbon into a knot, but it looked a bit empty without it. Apologies for the slightly washed out photo. The lighting wasn't very good.

I went to the Royal Adelaide Show over the weekend, and it was good fun! I haven't been for about 8 years, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I entered some cards of mine into one of the open art and craft categories in the show, and they were on display and I just had to take a photo. They look slightly different (better!) in a glass case. Or maybe that's just me. :) You can see the two cards that won second price at the front of the higher shelf, and they were so cool! I really want to try and make some like that.

And just before I sign off, I must share this photo I took at the show. At first I thought they were statues, but then discovered they were live ducks!

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment