Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring solitude bundle + happy mail!

Hi all! My bestie loaned me her Spring Solitude bundle which was a hostess set (with matching wheel) from the previous catalogue, and I've been having a ball with it. It took a while for my mojo to appear though, but it deserted me after I made the second one. I really love the wheel that comes with the set, but can't think of what else to do with it. Ah well, I still have two weekends to play with it. :)







All the cards use a mixture of Old Olive, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie CS. I'm really liking that colour combo! I also used Choc Chip CS, a More Mustard inkpad, an Old Olive marker and a Choc Chip marker. I was trying to cut out some of the flowers (stamped on Pumpkin Pie CS) to stick on the Saffron strip of the thank you card, but it was just too fiddly. I also found it difficult to cut out because the flowers were overlapping and I gave up in disgust. Maybe I'll try again later.

I have to share some mail that arrived in my mailbox recently. The first card is by
Dani Fender and I loooooooove the colours she used (my fave colour!) with the crayon resist technique. I can't wait to try the technique out myself. :)



This card was made by Makeesha Byl and I'm in awe of her watercolouring skills. I've been trying to brush up on my technique, but her watercolouring is wicked!


I came home from work one day to find a catalogue packed in this adorable envelope from Kim Gavarra! Isn't the little birdie cute?



That stamp set is on my wishlist, but it's been bumped waaaaaay down cos there is just too much to like in the new catalogue! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment